I remember when I was bidding you guys farewell, you were all astonished when I said I will forget each one of you in a matter of weeks. I remember Annanya saying, “you would be the meanest if you will ever forget us sir”. I didn’t know how dear you are to me until I left. When I get stressed out by studies, I find solace by going over the few moments I had with you in my album. Sometimes I just remember some of the jokes or emotional conversations we had together and smile alone. AP Goyal Shimla University may not be the best college in Himachal, but it introduced into my life some amazing people I will never forget. Especially the staff and students of Architecture department. I wonder if any of you can remember some of the episodes listed below.
- Singing “Koi mil gaya” with Vimal being recorded by Sparya. Disclaimer – Vimal is Jogesh’s wife so no flirting involved during the recording 🙂
- Decided to have coffee at the cafeteria but Ankoor, Ilona and I were all busy on our phones while Sparya was busy clicking photos.
- Ilona, Sparya and all other Indians were busy celebrating India’s independence day, my first and second year students decided to give me the best birthday party ever. I still can’t figure out what they meant by “the king of the sky, Sadda Cheetah.” Amisha Karanwal thought she can be my favorite student without attending my birthday party.
- When Sugandha ma’am refused to provide cups for tea and there was an engineer among the faculties in the Architecture department.
- While Ilona and her Haja (Sparya) were celebrating the departure of my bestie – Sudanshu Rastogi, behold, my Haj (Prem Ankoor) showed up. How else could I had been able to convince Ilona ma’am that Celine Dion was right when she said “God knows that I’m alive”. She thought I was crazy for believing one God exists unbeknown to her that Ankoor believes in many Gods.
- And that farewell meeting in the department when some of the students couldn’t control their tears. If I didn’t have a stone heart I would have cried too. Not the kind of unnecessary tears of Amisha when I criticized her design, but the remorseful ones of Bhawana. Right then I knew that I can never forget forget you guys.
Those moments can’t be forgotten. I hope to see you again soon.